About Unity of the Sierra
Welcome Message From The Board of
We are a spiritual community of friends dedicated to awakening the Christ spirit within, teaching universal principles and boldly applying these principles to transform our lives and the world.”
Unity is a positive, practical, non-denominational community based on Christian and Spiritual ideals. It teaches the practical application in everyday life of the principles of Truth exemplified by Jesus Christ and other spiritual leaders, as interpreted in the light of modern-day experience. Unity is a way of life that can lead to health, prosperity, happiness and peace of mind.
The Association of Unity Churches, in cooperation with Unity Institute, has established centers of study and worship throughout the world where people study and practice the Unity way of life.
We believe that all people are created with sacred worth. Therefore, we recognize the importance of serving all people within the Unity family in spiritually and emotionally caring ways. We strive in our ministries, publications and programs to reach out to all who seek Unity support and spiritual growth. It is imperative that our ministries and outreaches be free of discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical disability or sexual orientation. Our sincere desire is to create spiritually aware organizations that are nondiscriminatory and that support diversity.
We encourage ministers, teachers and others within Unity to honor the strength of diversity within their spiritual communities. It is with love and in celebration of our unity, in the midst of our wondrous diversity, that we affirm this position.
1. There is only one Presence and one Power active in the Universe and in my life, God the Good.
2. Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence, called the Christ, was fully expressed in Jesus.
3. We are co-creators with God, creating reality through thoughts held in our mind.
4. Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God.
5. Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.